Saturday, December 27, 2008

Neil Young At The Ryman

I stopped watching VH1 a while ago. After I ran through the spate of Where Are They Now shows, the channel didn't offer anything that interested me. OK, I confess--I have watched the Bret Michaels reality dating show and Dr. Drew in recent times, but the channel is not really on my radar screen. Until tonight. I was checking out the cable menu, and it listed "Neil Young: Heart of Gold" on VH1. Young has always been under the radar screen, and I never bought one of his albums, but I have always liked him. One of my friends many years ago made fun of his voice and imitated him with dripping sarcasm. But I love his voice. It is one of a kind. Not only does it bring back great memories, but it is soothing like a long lost friend or a trip home. What made this show even better was that it was filmed at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. The Ryman is a must-see if you come to Nashville. And I must buy a Neil Young album.

http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2006/02/10/young/

No comments: